first time developing django cms website
faisal iqbal
2010-11-22 13:32:33 UTC
Hi All,

I am first time developing the django cms.

I am php developer but didn't touch python yet.

I downloaded the 2.0.2 version, extracted the files and uploaded to
FTP

I ftp server has python installed. I checked with Hello World example
and it worked.

I will be grateful if someone can give me step by step installation
process.

Thanks,
Faisal
Martin
faisal iqbal

Meirion Williams
2010-11-22 15:20:14 UTC
Getting django running is quite different to testing a flat php or
python script.

I'd recommend you spend some time on the django tutorials first and
make sure you understand those, and then move on to Django-CMS.

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/
Manolis Stamatogiannakis
2010-11-23 10:39:56 UTC
Hello Faisal,
In addition to what Meirion mentioned, I would suggest you work on a local
computer while you experiment with django/django-cms. This should save you a
good deal of time in understanding django/django-cms and getting your setup
right.

When you are confident for your django-cms knowledge and setup you should
find it much easier to move it to a remote environment using FTP.

Cheers,
Manolis
Swordfish
2010-11-27 22:57:27 UTC
Hi Faisal,
If you steel in trouble with your website using Django CMS - U can see
all staff needed here:
1) http://komunitasweb.com/2010/11/getting-started-with-django-cms/
2) step by step installation you can find in 'installation.txt' file,
which comes into django-cms tarball or zip from github.
Unpack it and look at 'divio-django-cms-a63a2de\cms\docs\'
Regards,
Evgeni
Rizwan Mansuri
2010-11-29 21:46:46 UTC
Hiya,

I've spend a quite bit time getting head around Django-cms. I would
recommend you to have a look at this post.

http://www.rmansuri.net/2010/11/25/mezzanine-perfec-django-cms/

There is nothing wrong with Django-cms but I personally prefer Mezzanine
over it.

Regards
Riz